The Absolut™ Cemented Stem has the confidence of the clinically proven taper-slip philosophy1,2,3.
- CoCr exhibits superior fatigue and yield strength over stainless steel stems
- Even stress transmission thoughout the cement mantle (reference)
- Scalloped neck maximises range of motion
Offset independent of leg length
- Offset built into neck trials enables easy intraoperative decision making
- Accurate leg length reproduction with markings above & below the resection level
- Optimised, sequential broaching technique
Seven stem sizes with three offset options
- 37mm (000-4), 45mm (0-4), 50mm (1-4).
- Shortened size 0 stems for insertion into existing cement mantle.
- 12/14 neck trunnion to ensure variety of head & cup options.
1. Ling R, Charity J, Clive Lee A, Whitehouse S, Timperley A, Gie G. The Long-Term Results of the Original Exeter Polished Cemented Femoral Component. J Arthroplasty. 2009 June; 24(4): 511-517.
2. Burston B, Yates P, Hook S, Moulder E, Whitley E, Bannister G. Cemented Polished Tapered Stems in Patients Less Than 50 Years of Age: A Minimum 10-year Follow-Up. J Arthroplasty. 2010 Aug;25(5): 692-9.
3. Hook S, Moulder E, Yates P, Burston B, Whitley E, Bannister G. The Exeter Universal stem. A Minimum Ten-Year Review From An Independent Centre. J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 2006;88B: 1584-90.